"Remove Recents" not working anymore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by self, Aug 27, 2010.

1. self macrumors regular

I installed "Remove Recents" and it was working beautifully. Then I installed "Remove Background" and didn't like it so I removed it and now Remove Recents is broken. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've already tried reinstalling both Remove Recents and SB Settings, rebooting etc. I'm not looking forward to doing a full restore :(.

2. mphayvanh macrumors member

I installed Multifl0w and it happened to me. I love Remove Recents so I uninstalled Multifl0w, then reset Backgrounder settings to default and reinstall Remove Recents. All is working again.

3. self thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I was wrong, it's working. No connection to Remove Background. The first couple apps I tested must not have supported backgrounding, so that's what I expected to see- what I saw initially- only Phone and Mail running.

Apparently most of my apps do support backgrounding so I don't see much of a difference in the number of apps in the switcher with this hack. Although I suppose it will max out now around 25-30 as older apps are closed instead of maxing out at the number of apps on my phone.

4. green94 macrumors regular

Ok, so I've run into this issue as well. Remove Recents was working great, my taskbar was constantly empty, save Mail and Phone, and now I can't get it to work anymore. I haven't installed anything new... and I have both removed and reinstalled RR with no luck.

Does anyone know the path in iFile to navigate to this package?

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, did you find a fix?

Thanks

5. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

What OS are you on? 4.0.1, 4.02 or 4.1? I use RR on 4.1 and have on 4.0.1 and it works fine. I have seen of late that less and less apps are removed but that is due to apps updating to support backgrounding. As apps mature there may be less of a need for RR.

6. green94 macrumors regular

iOS4.1

My understanding was, and the way it seemed to be working before, was that RR would remove anything and everything to clear out the taskbar.

Apps like Facebook, Twitter, Meebo would be removed from the taskbar regardless of whether they could "multitask" or not.

Is this not the case and was I seeing things?

7. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

It leaves all apps using one of the backgrounding threads provided by Apple. Only the apps not optimized for backgrounding are removed.

8. green94 macrumors regular

Interesting, maybe the resprings were causing the icons to disappear.

So if that is the case, i guess there isn't a need for this app any longer.

9. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I keep it just for those few apps that don't support backgrounding threads yet...those apps are annoying.