Remove remnants?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by powerbook911, Nov 2, 2007.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I used the app snapp yesterday. So easy for sure.

To the point, what if I want to go back to a stock phone? Yes, I know I restore. No problem. However, it then syncs up the phone's old data, and the preferences/library type files from some applications are put back on the phone.

Anyway around this ? Besides not restoring the phone to your previous settings?

Do you think the remnants would cause any harm?

Thanks!

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If you want a truly stock phone, this is your only choice. It's no big deal really, you lose a few settings. The most important data is synced via iTunes anyhow.

3. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

For me, the big thing would be losing texts.

Thanks though for the confirmation! Much appreciated.

4. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

I too used jailbreame.com to put appsnapp on my phone. After a couple days playing around with it I decided to go back to the stock version because it works so much better and there are no hangs and is a lot smoother. I used Cyberduck to access all my phones files etc. I deleted everything that was not apple. I noticed when I was looking around that I had apps in there from september when I hacked my first phone. Im on my 3rd phone and always just used my backup to restore the phone but it kept all that old data on there. So before I did a restore i deleted everything that was not apple and then synced my phone so it was current and kept all my texts etc then did the restore. I am now back to 100% stock apple and the phone runs better and battery life increased a ton.