remove scratches on whitebook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lwo, Feb 20, 2009.

1. lwo macrumors newbie

I have, for some stupid reason, scratched the left palmrest with my nail so that scratchmarks have appeared. I honestly can't remember why I did it, but i think that I thought i was removing dirt from it that way.:p

What I basically wonder is if I might have scratched the first layer off, or if I really did remove some dirt. I didn't really apply much pressure so I think it's just dirt. So is there a way to clean the whole thing so that it looks white again instead of scratched?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Spartan Sh4dow macrumors newbie

Spartan Sh4dow

I Did the EXACT same thing, just right above my trackpad. I think that you did take a layer off. Because it feels differnt.

3. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

the standard answer is "magic eraser" by Mr. Clean (yes, the bald guy)

maybe you would be able to "buff out the rest of the area to match the scratches.

I haven't used it but it is the answer to many people's problems when the macbook had discoloration issues (the very first ones)

4. lwo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll have to try it out, can't stand watching it in this shape, even though it's only visible from certain angels. I will also have to find the swedish equivalent to magic eraser :D
    Is there any special substance that I should search for?

Thanks =)

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i don't know if there is a special ingredient. it is a brush pad. perhaps ebay is the easiest way for you to get on in sweden. Try Carrefour (do they have those in sweden?) or someplace that carries a lot of "western" stuff