Remove Sim Card if selling??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heathkat, Jun 19, 2009.

1. heathkat macrumors newbie

New iphone 3gs received today.

These are going for 500-600 bucks right now on ebay. Seriously thinking about selling 3gs on ebay to make a quick profit.

My plan is to use my wife's upgrade eligibility to get a 3gs when they are back in stock and just stick with my 1st gen iphone for a bit longer.

I would prefer not to open the new phone if I decide to list on ebay. However, if I list on ebay, do I need to remove the sim card that came with the new iphone 3gs? Is this new sim card associated with my phone number somehow? This phone was purchased through att.com as an upgrade to my 1st gen iphone.

2. 7seven7 macrumors newbie

You need to remove the SIM card unless you want the new owner using your plan for free :cool:

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yes, remove the SIM card. Take out all SIM cards, and do not leave any SIM cards in the phone.

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Not really. You need to enter in your SSN when you activate.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

one thought too

is wait and see how the unlocking goes we both know it adds at least a $100 to the value possibly $200 or more on a new releases phone! that's what I am thinking I ended up with two phones I have 30 days to sell it I know AT&T will want full price back for it but if I can get $700-$800 or more then AT&T get the $600 and I keep the change! ;)