Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScotRobson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Torquay UK
Hi

I have some Christmas songs on my iPod which I would like to remove until next year.

I deleted the songs from iTunes and kept them in a different folder to my iTunes music folder.

I then updated my iPod thinking that the songs would remove but they didn't. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Many thanks
Scot

PS. I've tried searching couldnt find anything

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
ScotRobson said:
Hi

I have some Christmas songs on my iPod which I would like to remove until next year.

I deleted the songs from iTunes and kept them in a different folder to my iTunes music folder.

I then updated my iPod thinking that the songs would remove but they didn't. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Many thanks
Scot

PS. I've tried searching couldnt find anything
Plug in your iPod, click on the iPod in the list so you see all the songs that are in your iPod, delete the one you want to remove.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Or do it the easier yet more time consuming way but only consumes time ONCE

Uncheck the christmas songs, then go into iPod prefs and click only update checked songs.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Isn't there some setting to have this done automatically? I know that I've gotten songs off my iPod by deleting them from iTunes, and I've never done anything to manually remove songs. Does it just remove them when it needs the space or something? For instance, my iPod was almost full, and I deleted a bunch of spoken word content from my iTunes to make space, and they were also gone from the iPod.... :confused:

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Isn't there some setting to have this done automatically? I know that I've gotten songs off my iPod by deleting them from iTunes, and I've never done anything to manually remove songs. Does it just remove them when it needs the space or something? For instance, my iPod was almost full, and I deleted a bunch of spoken word content from my iTunes to make space, and they were also gone from the iPod.... :confused:

What I posted deletes it automatically the next time you sync it...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
dotdotdot said:
What I posted deletes it automatically the next time you sync it...

I'm not arguing with you. ;) But I *don't* have that option checked, and songs delete for me if they're removed from iTunes. :eek: Which is a good thing, to me, and which I took for granted. What's different, though, between my setup and the OP's?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.