Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Remove songs from shuffle.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
I'm trying to remove all the songs from a particular playlist from my phone's shuffle. I've highlighted all the songs in iTunes, gone to "get info" --> "options" and selected "skip while shuffling", and re-sync my phone, but they still pop up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

david91

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
@ Joeblow 777, theres absolutely nothing you are doing wrong. I followed the same process in removing songs from my phone shuffle, and it works brilliantly and easy for me all the time.

Comment

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
@ Joeblow 777, theres absolutely nothing you are doing wrong. I followed the same process in removing songs from my phone shuffle, and it works brilliantly and easy for me all the time.

Very strange. I did it twice and the songs still came up during shuffle.

Ah well. I just ended up removing the songs completely. It was a playlist that I had made specifically of a certain occasion which has now passed, but I wanted to know how to address the issue in the future.

I have to say, one thing I don't like about iOS devices is how your content has to be managed through iTunes. Why is there not simply a way to remove songs from shuffle on the device itself?

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.