Remove songs from shuffle.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeblow7777, Jul 3, 2015.

1. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

I'm trying to remove all the songs from a particular playlist from my phone's shuffle. I've highlighted all the songs in iTunes, gone to "get info" --> "options" and selected "skip while shuffling", and re-sync my phone, but they still pop up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. david91 macrumors regular

@ Joeblow 777, theres absolutely nothing you are doing wrong. I followed the same process in removing songs from my phone shuffle, and it works brilliantly and easy for me all the time.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I am having the same problem too. Not in my playlists, but just shuffling in general. Everything I've previously omitted, is playing anyway.

4. joeblow7777, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

joeblow7777 thread starter macrumors 68040

Very strange. I did it twice and the songs still came up during shuffle.

Ah well. I just ended up removing the songs completely. It was a playlist that I had made specifically of a certain occasion which has now passed, but I wanted to know how to address the issue in the future.

I have to say, one thing I don't like about iOS devices is how your content has to be managed through iTunes. Why is there not simply a way to remove songs from shuffle on the device itself?