Remove tag items option from context menu

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by adamr100, Dec 31, 2016.

1. adamr100 macrumors newbie

adamr100

Hello,

I have just upgraded top a new retina MacBook. I run Sierra and on my previous Mac I had removed several items from the right click contest menu including 'tags'. I have no use for the function and don't particularly like them. However, I cannot remember how I did this. I have looked under services in system preferences and cant find it in there.

Anyone with any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

2. ccontreras macrumors member

ccontreras

3. adamr100 thread starter macrumors newbie

adamr100

I'm sorry I don't follow. I have removed the options you have shown already but when I say right click on a file the tags option is on the right click menu. I have removed it from here before but I can't remember how.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

this is 'baked' into the OS; so you'd have to (temporarily) disable SIP, and make changes in the OS, possibly thru the terminal, or with a 3rd-party hack. probably easier to just ignore it (but perhaps someone else has an idea...)...

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If you drag all the "Favorite" tags out of that bottom box in @ccontreras's first screenshot, it removes those from the alt-click menu. You'll still have the word "Tags..." there but the colors are gone and it's just one line.

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 12.48.01 PM.png