Remove Time Machine Partition

Discussion in 'macOS' started by angelpeach838, Sep 22, 2010.

1. angelpeach838 macrumors newbie

Where to begin.....

I had my hard drive partitioned via bootcamp to run windows vista. I use software at work that isn't supported by Mac (it is now, but our version is old and it costs 10k to upgrade yada yada yada). One night I was playing around with the time machine feature (had the macbook for three years now never touched it, wish i hadn't) and accidentally told the time machine to use the partition made by bootcamp for windows to back up my mac. Well this messed everything up. Now that partition is gone (windows) and that volume is now called time machine backups. I have used some threads in here to try and remove that and nothing seems to work (most of the threads are from 2007 to 2008).

What I need help with is removing that time machine volume so that I can run bootcamp again to reinstall windows. When I attempt to run bootcamp right now it says "This startup disk is not supported." When I restart and hold option only the mac hd is available to choose. I also use(d) VMware Fusion to run Windows.

Thank you in advance for any advice, it's greatly appreciated.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Open Disk Utility and erase the Time Machine partition and format it to MS-DOS (FAT). Then you should be able to boot from the Windows disc and reinstall Windows

3. angelpeach838 thread starter macrumors newbie