Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I installed ccpinfo for control center. It moved the position of the hidden settings 7 to right on top of the airplay button. I've uninstalled both tweaks but when I reinstall hidden settings it remembers all the last settings. Is there any way to completely remove all files of a tweak?
Thanks

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
You will need to find the .plist file that is related to this tweak and remove that this will remove any config settings

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Custom settings are saved in the plist.
Usually the plist remains on your device even if the tweak was removed.
Just check for the tweak related plist and delete manually.

----------

var/mobile/Library/Preferences

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Check /var/mobile/library/preferences

then look for the tweak name.. hopefully it will be there.

Guitarplaya4JC

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
I found it!!

I found it! For those of you out there running into the bootloop (or safe mode) issue after installing ccpinfo for Control Center, I figured out how to fix it. YMMV, but this worked for me and meant I didn't have to spend hours setting up my phone again after a restore and rejailbreak!

tl;dr:
1. SSH or ifunbox or something into your iphone files.
2. Browse to /var/mobile/library/preferences
3. Delete de.j-gessner.ccloader.plist

As I said, YMMV, but it worked for me! Hope it helps others!!

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I found it! For those of you out there running into the bootloop (or safe mode) issue after installing ccpinfo for Control Center, I figured out how to fix it. YMMV, but this worked for me and meant I didn't have to spend hours setting up my phone again after a restore and rejailbreak!

tl;dr:

Why not just enter Substrate Safe Mode by pressing volume up at the Apple logo, then uninstall the tweak through Cydia?

Guitarplaya4JC

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
Why not just enter Substrate Safe Mode by pressing volume up at the Apple logo, then uninstall the tweak through Cydia?

I couldn't get into safe mode. Even the volume up trick didn't work, just kept rebooting. If safe mode works for you, by all means, do that, but in my case I couldn't get into safe mode which is why I resorted to finding the plist and deleting it manually via ssh.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I found it! For those of you out there running into the bootloop (or safe mode) issue after installing ccpinfo for Control Center, I figured out how to fix it. YMMV, but this worked for me and meant I didn't have to spend hours setting up my phone again after a restore and rejailbreak

tl;dr:

Thanks!
And idea how to find ccpinfo? Can't find it in the plist files. Probably called something weird

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks!
And idea how to find ccpinfo? Can't find it in the plist files. Probably called something weird

Sometimes the file name has the developers name instead of the package name. Maybe look for that?

Edit: Oh yea, also, sometimes there's not a plist in that caches folder but instead there will be an actual folder. Then inside that folder you'll see a few db cache files for the package you're trying to clean up. I usually delete the tweak folder inside that var>mobile>library>caches directory. For example, Barrel creates a folder called aaronash.barrel.settings or something like that. Since I removed barrel and no longer use it, I deleted this folder for the above directory.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: Don't forget to empty the trash can if using iFile and you have that feature turned on in its settings.

Last edited:

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Sometimes the file name has the developers name instead of the package name. Maybe look for that?

Edit: Oh yea, also, sometimes there's not a plist in that caches folder but instead there will be an actual folder. Then inside that folder you'll see a few db cache files for the package you're trying to clean up. I usually delete the tweak folder inside that var>mobile>library>caches directory. For example, Barrel creates a folder called aaronash.barrel.settings or something like that. Since I removed barrel and no longer use it, I deleted this folder for the above directory.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: Don't forget to empty the trash can if using iFile and you have that feature turned on in its settings.

Thanks, can't find it. Maybe it's gone. The spring board settings button went back to normal after I removed cc loader.

ttinc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
I'm having the same issue...was up for hours last night trying to fully delete any traces of CCQuick as it's overriding CCToggles even though I've deleted CCQuick and tried do delete all traces of it through iFile and iCleaner as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.