iPhone XS Max Remove un-downloaded apps from home screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Oct 7, 2018.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

When I upgraded my iPhone X to the XS Max, after restoring my phone from iCloud backup it left icons for all the apps I had installed before switching. I can't remove the icon unless I install the app from app store again and then I can uninstall. Any other way to get rid of them?

2. now i see it macrumors 68040

Since you did a restore, you're going to have to wait until the apps download again before you can delete them. Same is true with an aborted install. Once the process starts, it has to fully install before deletion.

3. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well here's the thing. I got my new XS Max 2 weeks ago... It never downloaded any of the non-built in apps... The more I think about it the more I realize icloud backup is a joke and not worth paying $2.99 a month for the extra storage. My backup didn't work at all. The only thing I got back on my phone was my contacts, messages, etc. because those sync differently then the actual backup of the phone does.

4. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

It turns out the backup never finished restoring. When I restarted my phone, the restore started over and now the icons are back to their original state where I can choose to remove them by holding down, or download it by a single tap.