Remove Update in Installer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jkiske, Jan 8, 2008.

1. jkiske macrumors newbie

Is it possible to remove the updates from the update section in Installer without actually installing them or removing the source? It is telling me to update gpSPhone to v1.1.2, but v1.2.0 is already downloaded on my touch. And, if i install it, it tells me I need to update to v1.2.0 again. Is there anyway to break this cycle without removing the source?
    Thanks

2. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I have the exact same situation. I don't however know how to remove Update or if its even possible but I guess its a tiny niggle for the sake of potentially messing up the main app to get 3rd party programs :/

3. Fofer macrumors 6502a

Installer needs to be updated to understand version numbers. Or, as a stopgap measure, in the meantime, should allow users to add certain files to an "Ignore" list.

Because lots of repos have duplicate (or older) files, and this gets really annoying.

If a repo admin doesn't (or can't) stay on top of updates, they shouldn't offer the duplicate file for download.

When this stuff happens to me, I just end up removing the offending repo. It's too annoying.