Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
its a miracle, aqua is finally gone

Not according to Apple

screenshot20110224at458.png

http://developer.apple.com/technologies/mac/whats-new.html

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Any reason you didn't use Quicktime to record the screen to avoid a watermark?

Thanks for doing an actual screen capture and not video taping it like everyone else. HD would be nice though.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
its a miracle, aqua is finally gone
Aqua is just the name of the UI guidelines and resources Apple uses in OS X. It's not gone unless they rebranded the UI. That's all it is, a branding.

I don't think I like the change to toolbar buttons Apple made. Where the button not depressed is the current selection, that's totally backward.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Aqua is just the name of the UI guidelines and resources Apple uses in OS X. It's not gone unless they rebranded the UI. That's all it is, a branding.
When OS X was first shown off and released it was a certain look. That's part of the confusion.

I don't think I like the change to toolbar buttons Apple made. Where the button not depressed is the current selection, that's totally backward.
It actually makes sense when you see it in person. The non selected buttons are grayed out and in the background and the selected one is bold and in the foreground. The beta of Reeder for OS X actually has this look already and it works. It's just different.

attachment.php

I'm just glad that the scrollbar disappears like it does in iOS. During the keynote last year it wasn't apparent that they did.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
So is the dock positioned in default to be behind all the active windows?
I'm really loving 10.7, i just wonder what the price would be for the upgrade from Snow Leopard..

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
It actually makes sense when you see it in person. The non selected buttons are grayed out and in the background and the selected one is bold and in the foreground. The beta of Reeder for OS X actually has this look already and it works. It's just different.
I get that, and I understand why Apple did it, but it doesn't really work as a metaphor for its real life counterpart of radio buttons that work the same way.

I'm just glad that the scrollbar disappears like it does in iOS. During the keynote last year it wasn't apparent that they did.
A scrollbar free OS. That's pretty damn cool.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I get that, and I understand why Apple did it, but it doesn't really work as a metaphor for its real life counterpart of radio buttons that work the same way.
Think of it more as a sliding toggle switch. I think the real question is, combined with Lion's support for retina display graphics does this foretell of a touch based Mac? If that's the case then I'm freaking STOKED!

What I'm not too found of is the grayness of the source list and buttons. iTunes was definitely a precursor. I suppose Apple wants those elements to be in the background and not distracting. At least that would be one logical reason.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Dying to see how Spaces is implemented in Lion.

Can you setup 8 spaces and show how it works?

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.