Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I restored my phone back to iOS 11 but my backup still had the beta profile on it. It was actually downloading IOS 12 in the background without me knowing. I didn’t want this so removed the profile. Problem the phone still thinks there’s a software update and has the red dot, even though the update doesn’t show up. Is there any way I can get rid of this or do I just have to wait until the real iOS 12 comes out and it should go on it’s own then?

nightmare28

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2011
Hello have the same issue here. But from ios12 latest beta -> installed GM. Delete profile, but badge still there. But only on one device... hopefully this will be gone After release!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I restored my phone back to iOS 11 but my backup still had the beta profile on it. It was actually downloading IOS 12 in the background without me knowing. I didn’t want this so removed the profile. Problem the phone still thinks there’s a software update and has the red dot, even though the update doesn’t show up. Is there any way I can get rid of this or do I just have to wait until the real iOS 12 comes out and it should go on it’s own then?
Have you restarted the phone after removing the profile?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.