Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
these look just like the ones that were on that German t-mobile site. fake. we will know what they look like when they come out, when ever that is.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
so,you really think they will add the glass bezel to the aluminum one?so you can get a thick a$s bezel like the one at the bottom?looks useless to me:) all that for the 16:9 ratio,right?:p

Trip.Tucker

Mar 13, 2008
Not BS, Done in Preview in about 10 minutes

Whether you mocked it up in Photoshop or Preview is irrelevant and you are missing the context. It doesn't exist and is therefore BS since you are trying to pass it off as a spy shot.

LowEnder

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
@ rjheys Many thanks for the "spy shots"....it is always nice to see some visual "rumors" after all the text "rumors" as we wait for the grand unveiling!

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
grand unveiling, yeah whatever.

this one looks pretty much what i imagine the next mbp will look like, even if only for the black keyboard and bigger trackpad. don't know about the black monitor bezel, though. wouldn't be surprised if the next generation mbp is black aluminum, and the macbooks silver. if not this time, maybe when the big bumps arrive in late 2009/early 2010.

based on some of this rumormongering about loss of the firewire port and dvi port, etc., i just ordered a SR 2.6 17" hi-res from smalldog w/ 4GB ram and the 200GB 7200 rpm drive. it's 1/3 less than buying the current version from apple (which is identical but for some more video RAM), and it's new not refurb'd. for that saving i can get a docking station, windows XP (for work, definitely not pleasure) and other software and still come out ahead.

i don't believe the new ones will be much faster than 2.6, and the top-of-line 17 hi-res (which may be 2.8, whoop-di-doo) will probably cost upwards of $3k with the 7200 drive, etc. (if past is any prediction - even post-price-drops), so i had to ask myself what the hell i'm waiting for.

given the state of my "banging the side of the crappy old tv set" video love via my G4 powerbook's hinge issue, i'm looking forward to something that works and will last me well into the quad-core laptop era (until after the throat-clearing and debugging has been done and i can consider buying one).

so, am i crazy for not waiting?:)

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
how about first...posting this crap in the right forum and second get a clue and know it's been posted before. oh and it's a fake if you didn't already realize. and a terrible one at that.

geeze!:rolleyes:

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Nice try :D. Aren't spy shots normally of an object in the field, like maybe on a desk in a lab, not a studio shoot. One thing that struck me when looking at the photos was the top edges of the screen look rounder than the front edges of the MBP that join together when the lid is closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.