Removing 10.2 from a Dual Booting iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rchpi87, Mar 2, 2010.

1. rchpi87 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I have a friends Flat panel 17inch iMac (The volleyball one).She only wants to run 9.2.2 on it for her business but it is dual booting 10.2 on there as well, 10.2 will not boot. I've been getting the message you need to reboot your computer by pressing the power button message. What I would like to know is, is it possible to remove 10.2 while keeping 9.2.2 intact, meaning not having to reinstall 9.2.2

Thanks in advance

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can do this. But I think it will take a little time. It may also cause problems. I suggest unless you need the extra space, just have the iMac default to 9.2.2. May I ask what she does on such an old OS?

3. rchpi87 thread starter macrumors newbie

She runs an insurance company and the software she uses only works on 9.2.2

What I did do so far is make a copy of her original drive with Carbon Copy so I have the spare drive to mess around with and try to figure it out without worrying about losing her data.

4. GeneKam macrumors regular

Wow, ummmm I am absolutely sure that the software she uses has an updated version and if not, then she could get somehting similar that would allow porting of the old data. Using such an old os that was never stable to begin with and having your business rely on it is just crazy!!!! Sit down with her and look for alternative or hire an IT to do it. Time machine with 10.5 and above is the best back up solution to make sure her files stay safe. Even 10.2 is very old!