Removing 100% of a failed install (FCS2)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ChelseaFC, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ChelseaFC macrumors newbie

Been trying to install Final Cut Studio 2, but my mac fails to read some of the disks. The bottomline is that I have never been able to make it all the way thru the install without it failing. I have gone in and deleted preference files, the application icon from applications folder and the receipts.

On the new attempts to reinstall, it never asks me again for the serial number of the product.....so somewhere there have to be some more files. Been researching and trying all sorts of stuff, but can't seem to get rid of it 100%

This has been driving me crazy since it takes about 6 hours to install

My mac never seems to be able to read the Motion disc

Was hoping not to have problems like this when I switched to mac. Been frustrating so far. :confused:

2. John Purple macrumors regular

Unfortunately Spotlight under Leopard is bu****it, other than under Tiger, where you could just search the whole drive. Under Leopard you will have to set Spotlight to search within the libraries (system & user library) to find anything that is related to FCS and delete it then.

Maybe there is another way, but I don't know it.

3. ChelseaFC thread starter macrumors newbie

Does the fact that it never asks me again for the serial number prove that there are some files somewhere?

4. John Purple macrumors regular

5. raqvaz macrumors newbie

Installation problems

I am having the same problem. I am trying for hours searching if there is any files somewhere and i can't find anything...did you actually found a solution?

Thanks

6. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

check both libraries user & system, go through app support & prefs & all the usual folders & remove every trace of FCS manually, install AppCleaner (free) this will ensure your removing any files related to applications,
    good luck :D

7. raqvaz macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot...But now I have another problem. When I install fcp it keeps saying installation failed. I have tried different serial numbers but still doesn't work. I don't know if the problem is in the kind of serial number that i am using...I hope you can help me...