Removing 3G Bezel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 08mxkfx, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Im looking to remove my 3G bezel so i can paint it white to match the back of my p[hone. I was wondering how hard is this? And where would i be able to get a new one so incase i have to bring it back to Apple i can change it back.

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I wouldnt recommend it. But if u take the 2 screws out of the bottom, u can lift up the screen. There will be like 6-8 screws around the inside around the rim that bolts the bezel in. Unscrew those. I still wouldnt recommend it.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Make sure you don't use any paint that contains metal flakes in it as the bezel is one of the metal pieces in the iPhone that is used for an antenna.

4. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Yeah i just want to paint it a gloss white to match but why wouldnt you recommend it? Im thinking about maybe sending it to colorware and have them do it...

5. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

A much better option, especially if you have no experience taking apart electronics as tightly packed together as the iPhone is. Better to have a professional do it by a company that will replace your phone if they mess it up accidentally.

6. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Hope they don't void your warranty.I would call apple to ask about that.Sometimes if you tamper it voids the warranty.It happened to me before with another phone.