Removing a app icon...helpD!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mlpinpin, Aug 30, 2011.

1. mlpinpin, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

mlpinpin macrumors newbie

I use to have an x in the upper right corner on my icon when it was wiggling and then I could remove it. I no longer have the x present when it wiggles. What is wrong and how can I fix this problem? I currently can not remove any apps from my phone.:confused:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. mlpinpin thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear Blue room

Thanks for your reply. I not very knowledgable when it comes to the world of technology. I powered off my iphone4 and waited about a minute. When it came back on I tried holding my finger down on the icon again .It wiggled but no sign of any red x. I use to see the red x in the past but lately when I have tried to delete unwanted icons the x doesn't appear. Any other suggestions? thanks ml

4. mlpinpin thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone help?

. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to the world of technology. I powered off my iphone4 and waited about a minute. When it came back on I tried holding my finger down on the icon again .It wiggled but no sign of any red x. I use to see the red x in the past but lately when I have tried to delete unwanted icons the x doesn't appear. Any other suggestions? thanks ml

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

What app are trying to delete? you can't delete the apple ones....

Other than that, I have no clue!

6. mlpinpin thread starter macrumors newbie

apps that won't disappear

Hi tracey, these are free apps that I really don't use and want to clean up my phone. Any help would be appreaciated !

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

8. mlpinpin thread starter macrumors newbie

It is not jailbroken and I'm not sure what iOS is but that last update I got was 4.3 ? I think. It took several attempts before it would download.

----------

I just reset my phone and nowI can delete apps but the x is now in the upper left and it is black. Just wondering why the change from uper right to upper left corner and from red to black..is this just the new version?
    thanks agaoin for any help, ml