Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
How do I remove a high pitch noise with soundtrack pro?

Thank You

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Two things:
1) Which version of SoundTrack Pro do you have, as it varies between 1, 2 and 3
2) You might want to try posting this in the Digital Audio forum - you might get more responses there.

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Two things:
1) Which version of SoundTrack Pro do you have, as it varies between 1, 2 and 3
2) You might want to try posting this in the Digital Audio forum - you might get more responses there.

I posted it there also.
I have Soundtrack Pro 3.

hsilver

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
New York
Export the audio track(s) from Final Cut. Double click the track(s) in the waveform/timeline to edit it. Drag over a part that just has the high pitch noise and select noise sample or something like that. I don't have it open so the terms and names are perhaps incorrect. Then find and select denoise. I suggest that you also try applying the denoise filter and try one of the presets by listening and selecting. It has saved audio, I thought was unuseable.

One more thing: STP imports the entire clip so if the audio comes from a long clip, you can drag over and cut or delete the unused parts in the original timeline before double-clicking it.

Can someone tell me how to cut a minute out of a sequence when I feel it's cut perfect the way it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.