Removing a Jailbreak without connection

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarkyUK, May 8, 2014.

1. MarkyUK macrumors member

Hey!

So my iPhone 5S recently stopped charging properly - I've had to really push the cable in hard to get it to charge or sync. I read on the net that it would probably be due to lint stuck in the phone. So I got a small key and wiggled it around a bit. Now it doesn't charge or sync at all >_>'

So I have to send it to Apple, however my phone is jailbroken...

Is there a way to remove the jailbreak without connecting my phone? I tried to update iOS to the latest version but it isn't finding it in the Software Update section (I imagine the jailbreak removes the internet check for latest iOS versions?)

Thanks,
    Marky

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Nope, you must have connection to jailbreak, and you must have it to remove the jailbreak.

3. MarkyUK thread starter macrumors member

Darn :( Well I've synced to iCloud now - Shall I just run the battery down to 0% and send it to Apple?

4. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

You could delete all content on the iPhone. Settings, General, Reset, Delete all content and settings. (I'm a dane, so I'm not sure if it's exactly labelt like this in the US/UK.)

But be aware that this will make the iPhone end up in Recovery Mode.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Ahhh! :eek:

It'd get the job done, although, Apple may say that the lightning connector was physically damaged when the OP stuck the key in it.