Removing a User from AE Wireless Network?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by andym172, Aug 4, 2010.

1. andym172 macrumors 6502

Other than using MAC Address Access Control, is there another way of temporarily removing a user/computer from having access to an Airport Extreme wireless network?

There is currently an unruly teenager come stay with my family to have a holiday/get some work experience, but she's on her laptop (accessing Facebook) until the early hours of the morning. As a result she's been late for work every morning. I'd like to bar her computer from accessing the internet from maybe 10pm - 7am.

Is this possible, other than using MAC AAC?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Change the network password. You could also enable Parental Controls, but many kids these days know how to circumvent that.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I think MAC Access Control is the only way. I use it to block my friends when they come over with their iPod Touches. They love to bog down the whole network.

4. andym172 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice offered :)

Enabling parental controls - is this not something which can only be implemented with physical access to the user's computer?

(in her case, a Windows pc)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it wasn't clear whether you had control over her laptop (owned by her or owned by you and given/loaned to her), or which OS was running. My Parental Controls suggestion only relates to Mac OS X.

6. andym172 thread starter macrumors 6502

Regrettably/thankfully she's brought her own computer, which I'd not request to have access to.

I may just temporarily change the network password. Seems the easiest thing to do...