Removing an iPhone Activation Lock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kgszoka, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgszoka macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone iCloud locked and erased with a message from original owner.

According to this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441
    "Click All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the
    device to be removed. It should show a gray dot or the word “Offline” next to the
    device name."

Does that mean if the device is not Offline it cannot be removed? If that's true
    when it bacames Offline? After 24 hours since it was last turned on and connected
    to WiFi?

Or maybe because it was erased, an option to remove the device is available all the
    time?

Additional info:
    This iPhone is not stolen. I found it and after contacting the owner he let me keep
    it. I asked him to remove it and he is just not really in a rush to do so. I am trying to
    find out how the situation looks on his side.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The original owner says you can keep the phone but he will not help to unlock it?

Really?

3. kgszoka thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, yes. It seems like he just doesn't really care about his iPhone anymore so he doesn't care about what happens with it. Maybe he's busy or something and I just want to make sure that at least it is possible for him to remove it.

4. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

@kgszoka
    man please why u even bothering with this .. and why u purchasing stolen phones
    that is so obvious and common sense....

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If it IS his phone, there is no doubt he could unlock it.

I question why he would not do so as it would only take a minute to do it. Hard to believe that he is too busy to do this.

6. kgszoka thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe he has second thoughts. I offered giving it back or buying from him. He just said I can keep it.

Thanks for answering anyway.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Since these sort of discussions can go downhill rather quickly and the OP has his answer, I'm locking this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.