removing apache and php

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by digininja, Jul 19, 2010.

1. digininja macrumors newbie

I've installed apache and php through MacPorts and would like to remove the ones that were installed by default. How can I do this?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

They're kind of spread around so it's hard to completely remove them. The apachectl file is in /usr/sbin/. Some of the configuration files are in /private/etc/apache2/. The php.ini file is there in /private/etc/. PHP has pieces at /usr/bin/, /usr/include/, /usr/lib/.

I'd recommend just leaving it be though.

3. digininja thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is it gets priority as it is first in the path. I could remove the apache and php binaries but that still leaves all the config files around. What I'm after is a way to completely uninstall the package so that when I'm looking at something php or apache related then I know it is for the version I installed through port.

4. mac2x macrumors 65816

Would something like AppCleaner work with things like Apache and PHP? I don't know, but I'm guessing it would.

5. digininja thread starter macrumors newbie

I doubt it as it isn't installed as an actual app but I'll install it and give it a go

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

OK, then it might not work. Always worth a try though.

7. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Just change your path? Stick your own directories first

8. digininja thread starter macrumors newbie

It would work but its not an elegant solution. I don't like having software that isn't use and is out of date sat around on a system.