removing app names

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphonics, Aug 11, 2008.

1. iphonics macrumors member

is there anyway to remove the names of the apps... below the icons???
    im on 3G, with 2.0 jailbroken... anyone??

2. johata3 macrumors regular

Not sure but for now, it's kind of impossible. Maybe if you hack the iphone?

3. iphonics thread starter macrumors member

i remember installing a winterboard theme... that didnt have the app names below the icon... cant remember what its called but its gotta be possible!
    anyone else???

4. iphonics thread starter macrumors member

well incase anyone else was wondering.... if you install wbApp from ModMyiFone you can select to use invisible app names....works great AND it shows you screenshots of your installed themes!!!

Attached Files:

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

It's actually pretty easy, assuming your phone is jailbroken. Please note that this is about 589437598347594387x easier if you have a Mac with Xcode installed. Go into your iPhone using some FTP application, and navigate into the directory of the app you want to give no name to. Download the file called Info.plist. Open it with Property List Editor, a tool that comes with Xcode. Select the application name to the right of "Bundle Display Name" and just hit delete so there's nothing there. Save the plist and reupload it to your iPhone, and there you go! That's what I use to totally hide my app launcher. Good luck!

Attached Files: