Removing "Apple Mail To Do" Folder

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carrjar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. carrjar macrumors member

I know this is not a major problem, but it's kind of annoying. I have an "Apple Mail To Do" folder in my mailbox. I don't use To Do's and want to get rid of it. I've search mutiple forums, both on MacRumors and other places. Let me know! Thanks

2. Abu Tech macrumors member

Sorry if this has already been answered but I wanted to do the same thing and a quick google search aided me in finding the solution to this. I found this thread during my search for an answer so I'm posting how I resolved this issue.

Firstly launch the mail.app and select Mail>Preferences

The select Composing button from the Preferences window.

There you should see an option for "Create notes and To Dos in" and from the corresponding pull down menu select "on my mac" as opposed your mobile me address or server.

Ok now thats done the Apple Mail To Do folder will not be created/recreated on the server side but as the folder as apready been created you need to delete it.

To do this simply add your mobile me email account via the settings on apples support site in an alternative email application. I used entourage but I guess it can also be done in free apps like mozilla thunderbird.

Once the account is created you will notice that the Apple Mail To Do folder is visible. Simply delete it. Once this is done you can then check your mobile me mail account on your iphone and if it refreshes the folder should now no longer appear.

You can then delete the email account you have created in your thirdparty mail program and continue using mail.app.

Hope this helps.

3. Abu Tech macrumors member

Sorry guys - ingnore the last post! For some reason it just re-appeared on my iphone! :(

I guess its not major but a little annoying!

4. sw1002 macrumors newbie

i tried solution 2 - everything incl registration of the device worked. but when i try to sync todos w. ical nothing gets synced, no new tasks from my mac and no new tasks from todo. i'm on 3g with my iphone4 and the ical is connected to mobileme with no local calendars.

plz help folks! thx