Removing apps from software update?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by matttrick, Dec 9, 2008.

1. matttrick macrumors 6502

How do I do this? I have a lot of things showing up which i deleted the folders for, yet they are still in the update list. I don't want to just hide them, I want them gone from the list. Any help?

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

You probably have some preferences left from the applications in your Library. Try going to your user folder -> Library -> Application Support and look for a folder for your application in there. Delete it.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Highlight the update, and Select Update > ignore Update

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

That will not really solve the problem. It will just make it so that update doesn't show anymore, but other updates for that program will still pop up... I think.

5. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

@ themoon, i did do that and restarted, went to update and its still there? :confused:

@ skyblue, thank you but that is not what i am asking for. i dont want them just ignored, i want all traces gone

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

All future updates for that app will be ignored.

What apps in particular?

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

What program are you talking about? If it's something like Logic Pro, you will also probably have to go to Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support.

8. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Thanks. I didn't realize that. I figured it was just for that particular update.

9. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

i did this, i went to both the user library and the main one on the hard drive. it is logic pro and it brings with it a ton of updates, like cameras and such.

10. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

/Library/Receipts is the place you need to look. Delete anything related to the program you don't want any more.

jW