Removing Apps with IOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Powrie, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Powrie macrumors 6502

I just tried to remove my old Flashlight App by holding down on the icons till they start to shake then I tapped the little x to delete the flashlight app.

It deleted it from my phone but when I went to Sync my phone it put it right back onto the phone.

I had to delete it again, and then I had to go into itunes and the app tab and I had to find the flashlight app then i had to tell itunes to remove it.

I had to click apply then I had to sync again before I could actually delete the App from my phone.

2. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

The behavior you're describing isn't iOS 7 specific. The same thing occurred on iOS 6.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, it didn't. When you deleted an app from your phone then synced, iTunes unchecked the app in its device tab, and didn't put them back on.

4. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

Maybe it didn't do it on yours but it certainly did on mine. If I deleted an app on my phone then synced it with iTunes, the app was reinstalled on my phone. I had to choose Remove in iTunes for it to uninstall.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Same thing happens on my iPad Mini.

6. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

With iOS 6 or 7?

7. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

iOS 6

8. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

Thanks for the confirmation.

9. Bear macrumors G3

Is "Automatically install new apps: enable or disabled? If it's enabled, iTunes will do it's best to download apps to your iOS device even after you've deleted them from the device. If it's disabled, deleting apps from the iOS device will work fine and iTunes won't try to reinstall it.

I have it disabled to better manage what apps go on each device.

Attached Files:

10. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

I always disable that option. Maybe it was a glitch in it that caused the behavior though. New apps never automatically installed though.

11. gentlefury macrumors 68030

It's been like this since the App Store was introduced in iOS 2