Removing blue flash when displays change?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tinycg, May 20, 2010.

1. tinycg macrumors member

Does anyone know how I could go about removing the blue 'screen' or flash I get when my display setup changes?

I have my HDTV setup as another monitor and whenever I turn it on or off the displays all flash blue, OSX resyncs the setup it would seem. Is there any way to prevent this? or override it?

Thanks in advance.

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

At best you might be able to change the color, but that's it.

3. tinycg thread starter macrumors member

Would you have an idea about how I would go about doing that, I assume editing something through the terminal etc.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its a file in /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources called Configuration.plist. You'll have to mess around with it to get what you want.

5. tinycg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Intell I was able to change the palette color assigned to the fade to black, and that makes it far more appealing to me if I have to have it :)

6. mustangsally82 macrumors member

I could be way off here because I don't use displays. But my late-2008 unibody MBP used to do that when it would wake from sleeping sometimes. To make it go away, I simply clicked on System Preferences and then the Displays icon, and it fixed it. I didn't have to change any settings or anything.

I read about it last year on this thread, but I haven't had the problem in a while. It might have been my upgrade to Snow Leopard.