Removing Bootcamp Partition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mntr, Nov 7, 2010.

1. mntr macrumors newbie

I've been running Mac OS X and Windows 7 via Bootcamp. However, I'm going to remove my Bootcamp partition and instead install Parallels Desktop. Before installing Parallels, is it best to first erase (reformat) the entire hard drive to remove the partition and then reinstall Mac OS X and apps, or is it sufficient to use Bootcamp to simply remove the partition? There isn't any sensitive data that needs to be removed. I would simply like to be sure that Parallels installs correctly and so I would like to remove the partition in the best way possible. Thanks for your help!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

3. celticpride678

Remove the Windows partition using Boot Camp Assistant

4. applerocks123 macrumors member

applerocks123

Go into bootcamp

Open Applications then utilitys then bootcamp then i think you click continue then change/remove partion

5. mntr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the rapid replies. I really appreciate all of your help! :)

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Parallels can use the boot camp partition as its source. I suggest you leave it as is in case you change your mind.

7. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

^^ to the above, i have had problems with certain licenses on applications when using windows through bootcamp, then booting into OSX then running parallels , some applications were saying the serials or something were invalid, just ended up erasing through bootcamp then installing parallels :apple: