Removing Bootpicker

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by andypaterson, Sep 23, 2010.

1. andypaterson macrumors newbie

Hi, first post here so please be kind :)

I have a lab of iMacs that are dual booting OSx Leopard and Windows 7, with bootpicker (2.2 i think?).

The problem i have is this; They were originally dual booting Leopard and XP with bootpicker, but we have since have reimaged the Windows partition with Windows 7 Enterprise using MDT 2010. Bootpicker is doing its job, giving the dual boot selection screen but we wanted to make some changes to the wording to reflect the new windows OS. However, i cannot load bootpicker from OSx, the icon is just greyed out?

I would ideally like to remove bootpicker and reinstall it, but wihtout being able to get into bootpicker i cannot select to uninstall it! I have tried downloading the latest bootpicker and reinstalling it over the top, but all this does it to render bootpicker unuseable (does not give us an OS choice at bootup).

Any thoughts? Thanks. :D

2. andypaterson thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: Have sorted this now.

Solution was to log on as local administrator holding left shift and unticking 'Enable Workgroup Management', this would then log on and allow us into Bootpicker to make changes. Not sure what had happened to cause this though.