Removing BSD Subsystem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by roccoict, Jan 30, 2008.

1. roccoict macrumors newbie

I apologize if this is a repost, but I've searched the forum and could not find a response that answered this question directly.

I recently installed BSD Subsystem (2.0) on my iPhone (1.1.1) and I would like to remove it. However, as I'm sure you're aware, you cannot uninstall it from Installer. I've read a couple of other forums suggesting that I use iphonebrowser to get rid of it. However, I'm not sure how to get iphonebrowser, and even so, I wouldn't be sure how to remove BSD Subsystem once I had it.

Could someone please post a quick step-by-step guide on how to get rid of BSD Subsystem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've also though about restoring my phone, but then I would be forced to upgrade to 1.1.3., and I don't want to do that yet; therefore, restoring to factory settings is not really an option.

2. PatrickC macrumors member

Download the 1.1.2 firmware from Apple and hold the Option key (or shift on a PC) while you click restore in iTunes. It will let you navigate to the firmware you want to restore from, therefore not upgrading you to 1.1.3.

3. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Just as a question, why would you want to remove BSD subsystem?

4. roccoict thread starter macrumors newbie

I found that it drained my battery a lot faster than normal. I didn't think much of the quick drainage at first, but I searched around and found out that other people were reporting the same problems with BSD Subsystem.

Patrick, I downloaded the 1.1.1 software and restored my phone. Thanks for the tip.

5. Absaby macrumors newbie

BSD Subsystem

Hi,

If i do a restore using 1.1.2 via i tunes to remove BSD Subsystem I assume I will have to jailbreak and unlock my 112 again?

Thanks
    Absaby