Removing cover flow of recent items at in app expose?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by blow45, Apr 1, 2012.

1. blow45, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

blow45 macrumors 68000

Is there a way to do this guys? It's extremely intrusive to privacy to have to be with a colleague at work say and have it show a cover flow view of everything you've used recently underneath in app expose.

I am aware that you can set no. of recent items to zero via settings, and I have, and then they dont show up in click and holds or in app expose, but I still want to go to open recent via the file menu, I don't just dont want them to show up in every right click, click and hold, or hot corner movement I perform with in app expose.

Why can't I just keep my recent files tucked in the menu for file open recent and not have them show up with the other ways, they should allow me to explicitly decide via an option if I do or don't want my recent files to show up. It can't be either don't keep recent file history AT ALL or show it at every click on the dock or in app expose...

Unless somehow I ve got this wrong and there is...

I swear to go the amount of idiocy that has gone into lion is heartbreaking. Apple used to be about ui options that made sense...

edit: Guys 460 views, no one knows if I can do this? :)

2. Jayratch macrumors newbie

Opposite problem

I'm having the opposite problem: I lost this feature and am trying to get it back. I know that I knew the answer at some point because I obviously got it into this condition.

Somehow I managed to turn it off a few months ago in the interest of keeping my work files separate from each other- "easy access" to files from my prior client makes it WAY too easy to get documents mixed up between cases, which can be exceptionally disastrous when those files are evidence and/or medical records.

Now I've got a different workflow in place to deal with that issue and I need my recents back for academic work... a bit tired of having to go through Finder and the menu; I miss the Expose method.

Anyone know how to turn this feature off and on?