Removing default Apple watch apps

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Why can't I remove the pre-installed apps on my Apple watch?!

I don't need the Breathe, Heart Rate, Remote, Home, World Clock, Maps, Stocks, iTunes, and Camera apps. These take up so much room on my watch App Layout. I know on the iPhone you can remove some of the pre-installed apps. I don't know why Apple wants to force us to keep these default apps on our watches.

Sorry for the rant and I'm sure this topic has come up many times already. I'm not good at searching or finding any recent threads on this issue.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
It's obviously not very high on their priority list for things that they think need improving.

I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually, but it wasn't until last year (after... 9 years?) that you could do it on the iPhone.

Reactions: ZebraDude

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
CA
It's obviously not very high on their priority list for things that they think need improving.

I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually, but it wasn't until last year (after... 9 years?) that you could do it on the iPhone.
I wish I could at least hide the icons. :mad:

Reactions: Senfinger

Senfinger

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2017
You can branch off the icons to off the screen by manipulating the home screen so you wont see them.
[doublepost=1508705934][/doublepost]Here you go... had to find it!

Last edited:

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
CA
You can branch off the icons to off the screen by manipulating the home screen so you wont see them.
[doublepost=1508705934][/doublepost]Here you go... had to find it!
I guess this is the best workaround for now. Thank you!

jiehanzheng

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
Why can't I remove the pre-installed apps on my Apple watch?!

I don't need the Breathe, Heart Rate, Remote, Home, World Clock, Maps, Stocks, iTunes, and Camera apps. These take up so much room on my watch App Layout. I know on the iPhone you can remove some of the pre-installed apps. I don't know why Apple wants to force us to keep these default apps on our watches.

Sorry for the rant and I'm sure this topic has come up many times already. I'm not good at searching or finding any recent threads on this issue.
In my experience, if you remove an app from the iPhone, that app will get removed on the watch too. Of course, this will only work if you don't need that app on the iPhone either