removing duplicate annihilator.dmg

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jebsterz, Aug 28, 2011.

1. jebsterz macrumors newbie

Apologies in advance if this fix is elementary. I'm new to Mac OS (lion) and apple in general. I removed the downloaded app "duplicate annihilator" as directed by dragging the icon from my App's folder to the trash bin. Every time I open finder and or my documents folder the "duplicate anihilator.dmg license agreement screen opens and asks if I agree to terms or not. I can not get rid of it with out agreeing, which launches the download install screen where you drag the app into your App folder. Any Ideas how I can correct this and remove all vestiges of DA from my system?

2. jebsterz thread starter macrumors newbie

Is this thread even in the right place for this forum?

3. 360player Guest

Hi jebsterz

I recommend downloading a handy little app called AppCleaner. Works wonders for me.

Link: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25276/appcleaner

Just drag and drop any files/apps/downloads onto the designated box and it searches your computer for the relating files hidden within folders and the backend.

Once its complete it lets you check what it has found before deleting.

It has helped me in the past with a few dodgy and stubborn apps. :)

Hope that helped!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In most cases, app removal software such as AppCleaner doesn't do a thorough job of deleting files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

5. fltman macrumors member

Well, delete the duplicate annihilator.dmg file and unmount it and the problem will go away as with any mounted dmg-file. Or email the developers and I'm sure that they will help you.