Removing @facebook.com Emails

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Stangs55, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

So the other posts on this don't seem to address the issue...

When I signed into my Facebook account with iOS 6, it populated the majority of my contacts with @facebook.com email addresses...which is terrible if you're trying to send an email because all of a sudden, 700 of the people you never email are now showing up with a single @facebook.com email address.

The only way I've found to get rid of ALL of these is to unlink my facebook account....am I missing something here? Or are we stuck with all or nothing (outside of removing each one individually)

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

FelixDerKater

In the Facebook settings, you can disable synching with the contact list.

3. Stangs55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

But then it doesn't sync pictures...

4. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

FelixDerKater

Hopefully, they'll give us more selectivity than the current all or nothing option in a future update.

5. saberwing1010 macrumors newbie

Is it possible to sync data except email addresses?
    and/or has anyone made a script to pull the @facebook.com addresses from contacts?

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

You can start a campaign to get your friends to update their email addresses on Facebook. =)

7. UFGatorMel macrumors member

What I did was let it sync contacts so I got the pictures, then I turned off contacts under settings/Facebook. The pictures remained all the other info and people who aren't in my contacts went away. Some of them I had to play with such as inputting their Facebook email as an "other" email.