Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stone315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Hey guys, I just applied one of those film protectors to my iphone, and turns out I got a couple of pieces of dust trapped under it. Any ideas on how to take off or clean the film? I have a second film to use if I have to, so all I really need to know is how to take it off, but I'd appreciate any advice on cleaning it too. Thanks!

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
Have you tried the edge of a piece of paper on one of the edges and use a sawing motion. I would think it would be bound to get under there sooner or later.

stone315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Thanks all, I managed to get a piece of plastic under an edge and peel it off. Cleaning it was accomplished with some scotch tape, although getting it on good enough to make me happy took a few tries.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Thanks all, I managed to get a piece of plastic under an edge and peel it off. Cleaning it was accomplished with some scotch tape, although getting it on good enough to make me happy took a few tries.

Me too. In my house with two dogs and a cat there is nowhere that qualifies as a "clean room". I got frustrated and quit last night when it looked like the bubble wrap application. After many attempts to rinse and dry it without lint I finally took the squeege from the bath and used it placed on a mirror. I'm glad it worked as I was ready to buy a new clean one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.