Removing film protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stone315, Jun 20, 2009.

1. stone315 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just applied one of those film protectors to my iphone, and turns out I got a couple of pieces of dust trapped under it. Any ideas on how to take off or clean the film? I have a second film to use if I have to, so all I really need to know is how to take it off, but I'd appreciate any advice on cleaning it too. Thanks!

2. drober30 macrumors 6502a

3. stone315 thread starter macrumors regular

I can't get an edge up to start peeling it off. Suggestions?

4. rickdollar macrumors 6502

Have you tried the edge of a piece of paper on one of the edges and use a sawing motion. I would think it would be bound to get under there sooner or later.

5. Woz Beard macrumors regular

Woz Beard

Apply Scotch tape on a corner and slowly remove the film.

6. stone315 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all, I managed to get a piece of plastic under an edge and peel it off. Cleaning it was accomplished with some scotch tape, although getting it on good enough to make me happy took a few tries.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Me too. In my house with two dogs and a cat there is nowhere that qualifies as a "clean room". I got frustrated and quit last night when it looked like the bubble wrap application. After many attempts to rinse and dry it without lint I finally took the squeege from the bath and used it placed on a mirror. I'm glad it worked as I was ready to buy a new clean one.