Removing Glass from 27" Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bitfactory, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

Has it been verified that you can remove the glass on the new 27" Cinema Displays with a couple of suction cups (like you could with the iMacs)?

I've got a few dustballs that I'd rather fix myself - I'd rather not drag it into an Apple Store.

2. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

Suction Cups?

I have a 24" Cinema Display. I bought the display refurbished and had some dust and streaking under the glass. I am going to assume that both displays are pretty much the same. Here are some pictures of the suction cups used and the display without the glass on front. If you do remove the glass, start from one side, carefully pull up. I would also suggest doing it with at least one other person to assist you so you don't drop the glass as it is very, very thin. Anyway, here are the pictures.

Attached Files:

3. bitfactory thread starter macrumors 6502

bitfactory

Thanks - I bought a couple of small suction cups on Amazon and just took the top off. I'm surprised how thin and, well, cheap the front feels when you take it off.

I was able to get the huge dustball behind the glass (plastic?) and everything looks great now.