Removing iOS public beta

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Foxer, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Anyway to do this? I can't get to the site on Apple to see if there are instructions. I tried erasing and resetting my phone, but it just came back with iOS 9. This thing is much more buggy than the iOS 8 PB was last year and I'd like to bail on it if possible.

2. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

You should just be able to download the IPSW for 8.4 and restore by hitting Shift + Check for Update on a Windows PC. Don't know what the similar thing would be on a Mac

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Hopefully you have a backup from 8.4. You can either put your device into DFU mode with iTunes open and it'll download the software for you and restore it automatically. Or, you can install 8.4 from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ which is a site that gathers all of the official Apple download links in one place. Then plug your device in, go to the device summary page, hold shift (windows) or alt (mac) and press restore, then browse for the 8.4 file and double click it.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Easiest way is to put your phone into recovery mode and connect to iTunes to let it download and install the latest publicly available version.

5. SoYoung macrumors 6502

Yep! Do this last night and it was very easy and simple. OP just hold the home button while your device is completely off, then plug in on your pc/mac while the home button is still pressed and your device will be on recovery mode and iTune will detect it and will offer a restore and will download and re install 8.4 automaticaly.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

And when you do that iTunes backup before installing a beta, go into iTunes preferences/Devices and archive the backup so it doesn't get written over as an iOS9 backup (so you can restore backwards)