Removing iPad from Apple Account/iCloud

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacKey76, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MacKey76 macrumors newbie

I know there are many posts about this on here and other forums but none seem to andwer my question.

I have an iPad Air which I need to remove from my account as I am selling it. I still have it in my posession, so last night I disabled iMessage and signed out of iCloud on it (which also disabled Find My iPhone). Then I did an Erase Settings and Content. I thought that would do the trick.

Signed into iCloud.com this morning and it still shows it as one of my devices if I go to Settings. Interestingly it doesn't show my MacBook Air though which is still very much in use and has iCloud enabled on (but that does show in Find)!

I inow you can remove devices through the Find My iPhone section of iCloud.com, but as I signed out of it before erasing the iPad it no longer shows there.

Do I need to set it back up and then follow a different method for removing me from it, or can I do something from within iCloud.com?

Thanks in advance.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

You should be able to remove it from supportprofile.apple.com

3. MacKey76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried that and it only lists my old iPhone 4S which has been in a drawer for over a year and nothing else.

4. rigormortis, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

if you clicked on erase content and settings
    and it does not show up on find my iPhone
    or if you removed the device from find my iPhone ( your iCloud account)
    and it does not show up on support profile (optional)

it is okay to sell , the only other thing you could do is transfer the applecare

if it shows anywhere else then its just a bug on apple's side and shouldn't stop you from selling or giving away your iPad

to this day i still have problems with previous iPhones showing up in "find friends" in the "show location from" setting and i have no idea how to get rid of those either. i think the other phones were ones i no longer have or sold, maybe ones i replaced under warranty, or maybe ones that i used 'setup up as new', oh ok. its a new iOS 8 feature i can delete old entries now!!!!

i suppose if you have a post paid cellular data plan you could call your cell phone company and make sure the new imei is on your account.