Removing iPad from Verizon Share Everything Plan

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tclenney4, May 22, 2013.

1. Tclenney4 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I recently sold my iPad 2 to someone, but it was under contract and Verizon wants to charge me a lot of money to remove it from the account. However, I have two other iPads on the account that are not under contract, so will not be charged to cancel. Is it possible to cancel one of these iPads, then reactivate it on the one that I just sold?

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Did you check with Verizon about this? If so, what did they say?

3. nehope macrumors member

Don't know about Verizon, but I just did this twice with AT&T. It was pretty simple. The under-contract number had been a second cell phone line which they switched to one of my two iPads (mini and iPad 3) when I picked up a mobile share plan. They sent me a new SIM for the iPad 3 and activated it with the under-contract number. This was right after the first of the year. I just recently decided to get rid of the iPad 3 so they sent me a new SIM for the mini and switched the number again. They've been great about it.

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Seems like AT&T often will do things like this to keep people as a customer. It's good know. That's for sharing.