Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nabisco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Hello,

I recently bought a 2nd hand Jailbroken, unlocked iPhone 3g and have a question about profiles. In the iPhone Settings menu, it still has the old owner's name in the profile. I was going to delete it but a warning dialog box popped up about "Remove Provisioning Profile".

Is it safe to delete this? or will it affect the jailbreak/unlock?

thanks

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Hello,

I recently bought a 2nd hand Jailbroken, unlocked iPhone 3g and have a question about profiles. In the iPhone Settings menu, it still has the old owner's name in the profile. I was going to delete it but a warning dialog box popped up about "Remove Provisioning Profile".

Is it safe to delete this? or will it affect the jailbreak/unlock?

thanks

Sounds like someone didn't wipe or restore the phone before they sold it to you. :)

If you want to "start from scratch" and still use it unlocked, download the 2.2.1 firmware from Apple, use Pwnage Tool to make a custom package, restore your iPhone with the custom firmware and then connect to iTunes and set up as your phone. If you have AT&T you'll need to use Pwnage Tool in Expert Mode and uncheck the Activate option.

nabisco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
I've just done this, but am scared something went wrong. I've now got the 'slide for emergency' screen. It starts up with a pineapple logo but then goes to this.

nabisco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
sh*te its locked. Apparently you have you have to press alt during the restore phase (thanks for the heads up, Pwnage tool :mad:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.