Removing Items from Launchpad

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SSVicious, Jul 20, 2011.

1. SSVicious macrumors member

Hi. I searched the web and found that everyone said to hold control-alt/option-command and left click on an icon in launchpad to remove it. It doesn't work for me.

Some icons show an x and I can delete them. All of the icons shake, kind of like in iOS. But I can't get rid of all these dumb programs I don't want in launchpad.

What gives?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If release candidate is same as GM then you can not remove them from Launchpad. (bug)

3. ddavault macrumors newbie

I just moved the ones that wouldn't delete into a folder that I will never access. Of course this works until I fill the folder.

4. SSVicious thread starter macrumors member

Wow... for something touted as one of the big features of Lion, how could they overlook this bug. I am actually quite disappointed.... it was one of the few features of Lion that I was really looking forward to, because I like the layout of iOS on my iPad.

So not cool... especially when launchpad picks up a bunch of programs that aren't even supposed to be there.

5. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

I just found the solution on the Apple forum. Go to Finder/Applications and there will be another folder in there called Applications. These are all the applications that were on Snow Leopard that the installer put into a folder. Once you put that folder in the trash and reboot, there won't be any more duplicates in Launchpad.

6. SSVicious thread starter macrumors member

My applications folder does't have another applications folder. This BS sucks. I hate Lion. I want to shoot it.

7. renegaderon macrumors newbie

Wow that worked great!! Thanks

8. SSVicious thread starter macrumors member

I just wanna delete this crap from launchpad. I don't want all of these stupid apps (ie. every single update of world of warcraft, wtf)

9. renegaderon macrumors newbie

I deleted the Application folder under my user name.

10. CalTex macrumors newbie

I had my apps in folders and now I ended up with one version of the software in a folder and the other in the main applications folder, now I am just waiting for the firs lion upgrade. lol :cool:

11. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

Slightly off topic but i didn't want to start a new thread:

Does anyone else feel like the launchpad icons could have been a little smaller to fit more into one page!? plus they're seriously spaced out

12. Mere macrumors newbie

LaunchpadCleaner 2

Guys, check out LaunchpadCleaner 2, the Missing Apple Launchpad Manager! :)
    [​IMG]

13. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

Thanks for sharing, i'll try it now and give my feedback.