Removing iTunes plug-in - DockArt

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DanielHoerr, Aug 2, 2008.

1. DanielHoerr macrumors newbie

Just curious if anyone has had any luck removing the DockArt iTunes plug-in. Installing is a breeze, simply move the bundle to the ~/Library/iTunes/plug-ins dir, however, removing the bundle from this location does NOT disable nor uninstall the plug-in.

Help???

**Update** Nevermind, I'm slightly retarded... I was removing the bundle in the root/Library not the user/Library... Problem solved! :D

Thanks,
    Daniel :cool:

2. IIIWeaponXIII, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

IIIWeaponXIII macrumors newbie

IIIWeaponXIII

i actually cannot find that file myself any tips on how to track it down...i had to switch my iTunes to 32bit mode just to have that dumb message stop popping up

3. Greg Weston macrumors newbie

I found out about DockArt's incompatibility with iTunes 10.4 the same time everyone else did, and Apple didn't post an updated SDK until a little while after that. Hopefully you've found by now that DockArt 2 was released on August 4. It's a complete re-write using the new SDK.

4. damojag macrumors newbie

damojag

All I did was remove the folders/bundles from the iTunes plugin folder. Works fine now, I have HyperDock which is a lot better than DockArt

5. nashyo macrumors 6502

nashyo

I realise this is an old post. But I'm having this issue now. There is no dock art folder in the iTunes plug in folder. In fact, my iTunes plug in folder is empty.

I can find 'dock art' in the visualizer menu (under view), but there are no options I can tweak.

i have searched finder and I can't find anything remotely similar to the keywords dock art. However, dock art is enabled because my dock iTunes icon changes to the cover art of the album I'm playing when playing music.

Anyone know how to remove this plug in?

Thanks

6. Greg Weston macrumors newbie

There shouldn't be a folder for DockArt itself; it's just a plugin that lives in an iTunes Plugins folder. There's one of those shared among all users in /Library, and also one in each user's Library folder. If you're not finding DockArt, the only reason would be that you didn't look in both of those places. Once you find it, removing it is just a matter of dragging it to the trash.

If you can't see DockArt's options, it's probably because you haven't selected it as the active visualizer plugin. It doesn't need to be selected to work, but iTunes will only show you the settings window for the single plugin that is currently selected.