Removing jailbreak and restoring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WashupDawg, Jun 15, 2010.

1. WashupDawg macrumors regular

Hey there

If I want to remove the Spirit jailbreak, is it possible to just do a factory restore without removing my contacts and so?

Will I lose my contacts if I have syncronized the phone with iTunes before the restore?

I already restored the phone from the backup, but that didn't remove the jailbreak at all.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you don't resync before restoring, you will only lose whatever has changed since your last sync.

3. WashupDawg thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I hit the Restore button and it took a backup which I was able to apply afterwards. So I'm on a fresh phone again, It seems but:

I have another question now:

As I remember before the jailbreak, the dock wasn't customizable. Am I right? Because still I'm able to drag whatever app or icon down to the dock now.

Can it be that there are still some traces left from the jailbreak?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Not sure what you are saying. you have always been able to have any apps you wish in the dock. Apple firmware limits you to 4 apps.But apple dpes allow you to choose what four. restoring as new does the best job of resetting a device but sounds like your fine.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

To get rid of all jailbreak traces, choose set up as new.

6. WashupDawg thread starter macrumors regular

If was not whether I could have more or less than 4 icons in the dock. You understood it correctly; it was just if it was possible to swap between them.

I must have remembered wrong then.

Cheers :)

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

like dhlizard says if you do have any doubts there might be some jailbreak left just restore as new. I know certain Jailbreak programs are hard to get out like Make it Mine. that lets you change your cell carrier name to anything you like. say Verizon :p