iPhone Removing Jailbreak Without Updating on 6S Plus

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CoffeeLover87, Jul 15, 2016.

1. CoffeeLover87 macrumors newbie

Hey guys tonight I dropped my phone and cracked the screen pretty good so tomorrow I am going to be taking the phone in and getting the screen replaced under Applecare+. Is there a way I can remove the jailbreak without updating? I found Cydia Impactor but from what I have been reading it doesn't work on the 6S plus, is there any other app or tweak that I can use? Thanks guys!

2. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Are you getting the screen or the hole phone replaced? If it is just the screen then there is no need to remove the jailbreak. Apples views on jailbreaking have changed over the last years.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's true, but they may ask him to restore before they do any work. I had a cracked screen and didn't worry about my jailbreak either. They asked me to restore.

4. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Good point Eric, and we all know what happens then! They end up giving you another phone.

If I were the OP I would try it with the jailbreak on the phone and if they ask to restore then make a new appointment, go home and try semi-restore.

5. ielessar macrumors regular

Semi-restore does not remove the jailbreak. It erases everything except Cydia. Jailbreak remains intact.