iPhone Removing Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Matkar, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Matkar macrumors newbie

Hello, I have the Jailbreak on mhy iPhone 4S with 6.1 and I would like to remove it as I have had some inestability with it and my phone is too important too risk it in a crucial moment (LOVE it on my iPad though).

I want to remove the jailbreak without loosing some messages and photos and some app data that I dont have on my last backup prior to the jailbreak.

I understand that If I just backup through iTunes, restore with iTunes and then restore that backup NOTHING will be lost, right?

Sorry if this has been posted other times but I want to be absolutely sure this will work.

Thank you!

2. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Sounds like you have it all figured out mate.

Thats exactly what i would do.

3. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

If he restores from that backup, won't he have some jailbreak files left on his phone that Apple could possible detect?

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Restore with a back up prior to jail-breaking.

5. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I suppose but i wouldn't think they would make that much of a difference.

Good point.

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

That's probably what I would do if I were the OP (personally I do everything manually and always dfu restore as new and then "manually" put everything back on that I want on it) but the OP said "I want to remove the jailbreak without loosing some messages and photos and some app data that I dont have on my last backup prior to the jailbreak."

So it sounds like that option is off the table.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

True.

Personally I always make a note of when I last backed up to my mac and icloud before jail -breaking.

As I'm not concerned with SMS, game saves and app data its a solution good for me.

Sometimes situations and remedies are over thought and I've never read a thread along the lines of someone restoring to stock to seek help under their warranty and being turned away due to apple seeking out old Cydia files from a back up.

I'm thinking its more like they give it a look over in obvious places as settings and the springboard to see if non apple apps/tweaks are present !

I may be wrong. ;)

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

For warranty or service issues Apple wont' look at the plist files which remain after a backup restore, they do however scan for the obvious: Cydia, bitesms, themes, etc