Removing Keys from new Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gd4890, Feb 15, 2009.

1. gd4890 macrumors newbie

Hello, I've been a fan of this site for several years now, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with a problem. Last night a friend of mine spilt a very small amount of soda onto my macbook. I immediately wiped it off and powered down the computer. Today, when I turned the computer back on, everything works fine, however, a few of the keys are sticky (the space bar, arrow keys, shift button, and 2 others). Is there anyway to remove these keys to try to clean them? This is the current generation Macbook. Thanks for the help.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

First thing you do, slap you friend in the face. :p

Next, google. I don't know of any links or sites off the top of my head but many sites have guides on how to do this.

3. gd4890 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response, unfortunately all the guides I have found are for the last generation macbook (the white one). Does this new keyboard work the same way?

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Yeah it does. You have to pull from one side and it will just pop off, but be careful that you don't snap the 'scissor' things that guide your keys when they go up and down.