Removing Lightroom 3

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mermaid2010, Apr 10, 2012.

1. mermaid2010 macrumors member

mermaid2010

I had the 30 day Trial Lightroom 3 on my iMac which expired, then, installed Lightroom 4 Trial 30 days. I like L4 so bought it and now have my legit copy.
    Sorry if this sounds idiotic but should I just dump Lightroom 3 in the trash from the APPs folder. Not sure as I dont want it to affect L4.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It shouldn't make any difference, but if you want to delete all of L3, the most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. simsaladimbamba

That might be a bit excessive, as if the OP searches for "lightroom", the OP will probably delete files belonging to LR 4. Just deleting the LR 3 application file will be enough.
    I run LR 3 (full version) and LR 4 (beta or so) on my iMac side by side.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Ahh! I was under the impression they wanted to fully delete LR3 before installing the full copy of LR4. If it's already installed, then of course that process would delete both.

5. chrfr macrumors 603

6. Flood123 macrumors 6502a

Flood123

Are you 100% on that? You have me second guessing myself, but I know I have used it for the edge preview. I could have sworn I used it for Lightroom as well. I know the documentation says it's for CS ,however it might be worth trying.
    If not my bad. :)