Removing Office Test Drive?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gryfon19, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

I want to make sure I remove all files related to the Microsoft Office Test Drive that is preinstalled on my new Mac Mini. I haven't run any of the Office applications, so I don't expect there are any "settings" type files elsewhere on the computer. Can I simply drag that Microsoft Office Test Drive folder to the Trash, or do I need to locate any other files? Thanks!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just to be sure everything gets deleted, run the "Remove Office" app inside that folder.

3. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I should have been more specific. Running the Remove Office app doesn't do anything for me. When it says "Pick the application below you wish to remove," there isn't anything listed below. Which makes me think the actual apps don't install until the first time they are run. That's why I figured that simply dragging the folder to the Trash would work?

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

you could install appzapper trial. it comes with 5 deletes, and it will completely remove all files associated with a program like office. it might work but the only thing is that office is like 4 programs and not just one. just a hint

5. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but I'm trying to avoid installing anything extra on the computer that I don't need. Anyone else know about removing those manually? Thanks!

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I think you'll be fine just dragging the test drive folder to the trash.

7. poolish macrumors regular

i removed the office trial on my MB yesterday, the remove office program is a bit weird, unless u have run one of the apps, it doesnt show anything in the list of programs to remove. if you run word, and then remove office, it should get rid of word as well as the ones in the applications folder. it also removes some files from the library folders.

i was going to ask about office actually, because when i first ran it, it said i had to be an admin.. but didnt ask for the admin password, so it didnt install properly. then after i had installed it as an admin i changed back to a normal user and tried to run word, and it said i still have to be an admin just to run the apps as well. so i just uninstalled it because i dont want to stay as an admin.
    unless anyone knows how i can get it to work as a normal user?

x

8. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Gryfon19, if you haven't run any of the Office apps then yes you can simply drag the Office folder to the Trash and be done with it.