iPhone Removing old JB apps

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
I have a few old jailbroken apps that still appear on my on my 5S, but the apps are greyed and when I try to delete it won't. I tried to remove through iTunes and that won't remove either. Anybody else got this problem? Restart and delete still won't work.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I have a few old jailbroken apps that still appear on my on my 5S, but the apps are greyed and when I try to delete it won't. I tried to remove through iTunes and that won't remove either. Anybody else got this problem? Restart and delete still won't work.
You might try iClean. I removes deleted data. No idea if it will work for you or not, but maybe worth a shot. I would further suggest iCleaner Pro (Cydia), but if you are no longer jailbroken then that won't help.

Note, I don't know why, but the app (if you buy it) will download as "Lyric Search". But, it's the app in the link and it does what it says.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
This is because you restored to a jailbroken backup when setting up your new 5S.
Never a good idea, you can see why.
If you want to fix it correctly, do a clean restore, set up as new, do not restore to any backup.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
This is because you restored to a jailbroken backup when setting up your new 5S.
Never a good idea, you can see why.
If you want to fix it correctly, do a clean restore, set up as new, do not restore to any backup.
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for clearing that up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.